UniServ Directors are MSEA field staff that are assigned to local offices.
The FASSE office has a UniServ staff member that is here to assist you with any questions you may have about your rights and responsibilities as a paraprofessional. Each FCPS building is assigned one of the Uniserv Directors to help the staff at that school.
Some examples of issues you may consult your UniServ Director about include:
- If you are threatened with any disciplinary action, termination or suspension
- If you have received an unsatisfactory evaluation or observation
- Conflicts with other staff or your building administrator
- Workers Compensation claims
- (In)voluntary transfers and Reduction-in-Force
- Concerns about health and safety or your school environment
- Lawsuits including ‘failure to educate’ and negligence.
UniServ Directors don’t only help with legal issues. They also help strengthen FASSE by working with various committees such Public Relations, Government Relations and Leadership Development.
FASSE is only as strong as our membership involvement and UniServ directors are often out in buildings talking with members. If you would like your UniServ director to visit your building, please contact the FASSE office at (301) 662 9217.
Carlos Mellott is our UniServ Director for FASSE. To get in contact with Carlos Mellott, please call the FASSE office, or email Carlos at [email protected].